Friday, August 21, 2009

MERDE

Sometimes I am a complete idiot - not very often, I hasten to add, but today is one of those days.

Softground etching: lovely result, easy process, few golden rules, but one golden rule is to leave it in the acid for a short period of time because the ground is quite fragile and easily degrades. Putting it in the acid, making a phone call, dealing with several emails and then inputting my accounts probably wasn't a good idea, was it? Two hours later I realised my mistake and went back to find a very sad-looking plate. More anon after I've printed it anyway and discovered the extent of my stupidity!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two hours? Oh dear...Might have to resort to a little dry point touch-up?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin