Sunday, March 29, 2009

Codex 6 - the second book


I'm not so sure I like the text on the covers of the second book; I should have made it chunkier



I've finished the second of the two books resulting from my residency and I'm pleased over all with the results despite my misgivings about my 'font size'! The words on the front and back covers come from the Greek roots of the words hegemony and antithesis (which is a form of resistance). Hegemony and resistance are words used in the pulp-printed pages in the book. Again I cut into the book board and used a bone folder to push the book cloth into the covers and reveal the embossing.



In some places on the papers we made during the residency I used pulp-printing to 'join' two newly formed sheets

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin